As a seafarer, have you experienced especially during anchorage times wherein you hoped you have access to internet? Or even during at port wherein you wanted to buy an internet SIM but you can’t because you are not allowed to go onshore or there’s no businessmen on board? I did! But the long wait is now over!
Smart finally offers international data roaming to its prepaid subscribers for PhP 500 per day. That’s a very great news for seafarers and OFWs who does not have local internet SIMs on their location.
- Hong Kong (Hutchison)
- Indonesia (Indosat)
- Japan (NTT Docomo)
- Macau (Hutchison)
- Malaysia (Digi, Celcom)
- Singapore (Starhub)
- South Korea (KTF)
- Taiwan (FET)
- Thailand (True Move)
- Vietnam (Vinaphone)
- Before leaving the Philippines, activate your roaming service by texting ROAM ON and send to 333.
- Make sure you have a minimum load of PhP 500.
- At your country of destination, manually select SMART’s Conexus Roaming partner stated above if you are not connected yet. Go to your mobile phone’s Mobile Network Settings and select the partner network. (example: for Singapore, select Starhub)
- Dial *133# and press CALL to access USSD menu. Input 5 and press SEND to choose DATA ROAMING.
- From the available list of partner countries, input the designated number of your current location and press SEND.
- Then choose ALL-DAY SURF ABROAD 500. A confirmation for successful registration will be sent.